Pastors in Exile (PiE) is an Anabaptist-rooted movement that is passionate about connecting young people in Waterloo Region with vibrant faith experiences outside and inside of church walls.
We are recruiting for a pastor to join a two person pastoral team at PiE. We are seeking a skilled candidate with a passion for spiritual care, social justice, and community-based ministry. The pastor position empowers young adults to engage in their faith and acts as a spiritual companion. Furthermore, the pastor facilitates group events throughout the Waterloo Region. This work creates a community space for young people to explore their spirituality alongside peers and validates participants’ experiences.
- Group facilitation 40% – group facilitation, prep, and clean up
- Retreats and Events 20% – coordinate and host events/retreats
- Pastoral Care 10% – tend to group participants’ individual needs and meet with individuals to provide spiritual care
- Programmatic Administration 10% – Program advertising
- Non-Profit Administration 10% – board communication, newsletter/communication with donors, fundraising
- Social Media/Communication 10% – website and blog maintenance, content creation
- Experience with pastoral care or counselling, and group facilitation
- Experience with administration in a non-profit or church context, including event planning
Knowledge and Education
- Preferred Master of Divinity or Master of Theological Studies
- Christian Theology – includes theology of the margins (i.e. queer, feminist and liberation theologies)
Skills and Abilities
- Spiritual companionship
- Event Facilitation, Management, and Monitoring
- Preaching, Worship Leading, Public Speaking
- Strong social skills
- Collaborative Leadership
- Time Management
- Strategic Planning
- Creative Thinking
- This position reports to the Chair of the PiE Board and works alongside the co-pastor.
The job posting end date is March 6th, 2019. The position starts July 1st, 2019.
The position is a 9 month contract at 18 hours a week.
Send inquiries and applications to email@example.com.
Diversity and inclusion are at the core of PiE’s values. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our community. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds, including those who identify with the LGBTTQQIAAP community.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.