Job Posting: Development and Communications Manager (10 hours/week)
Start Date: August 16th 2021
Pastors in Exile is seeking a creative and collaborative communicator who is passionate about PiE’s inclusive ministry with young adults and can help us tell our story to new and existing participants and donors.
In this role you will support the PiE pastors in communicating the work of the organization to our growing community of donors (including individuals, churches and partner organizations) for the purpose of working towards financial stability as an organization. You will work with the PiE pastors and members of the PiE board to develop a yearly fundraising plan, and you will take the lead on the logistics of organizing and promoting fundraising events and campaigns. You will also support the PiE pastors in staying connected to participants through social media as well as our participant email list. Much of this role can be done remotely at the hours of your choosing, with the exception of a weekly PiE staff meeting and occasional evening and weekend fundraising events.
Your skills and experience include:
- Proven success in fundraising, communications and donor relations in a charitable organization (in either a professional of volunteer context)
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency.
- Excellent communication skills – social media, print, video, digital, events;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with planning and running events
- Experience in using database systems, videoconferencing, graphic design software, digital and social media tools and platforms;
- Ability to represent PiE well to participants, partner organizations and donors
It would be an asset if you have:
- Post-secondary education, or related experience, in fundraising, event management, business communication, digital & social media marketing or related field;
- Experience with grant writing.
- Familiarity with PiE’s ministry with young adults – including our areas of focus on LGBTQ+ Christians, creation care, reconciliation and social justice.
- Familiarity with PiE’s partner churches and organizations in the KW region.
This role’s responsibilities include :
Fund Development/ Donor Relations
- Develop and sustain relationships with new and existing donors
- In collaboration with the pastors and fundraising committee, develop and implement strategies and annual fundraising plan
- Organize and coordinate logistics of fundraising events with support of PiE pastors and volunteers
- Set up and monitor Canada Helps page for fundraising campaigns
- Reporting, follow up after a fundraising event including thank yous to volunteers, donors, sponsors
- Ensure timely, accountable gift processing in compliance with PiE financial processes and CRA Charity tax law;
- Conduct regular analysis of donations and donors, and identify opportunities for additional engagement;
- Ensure effective management of partnership opportunities such as with our area churches, church camps and granting organizations
- Write and designing newsletters for our general email/donor list (quarterly)
- Write and emailing a newsletter of upcoming events to participant list (monthly)
- Create a seasonal poster about what is happening at PiE and distribute (Fall and Winter)
- Keep the website calendar up to date along with communication portions of the website with links to events, etc…
- Maintain general/alumni, donor and participant database/contact lists
- identify and recommend communications strategies.
- Communicate on social media what is happening at PiE. Create canva/images for events.
- With the pastors, post social media relevant content for the PiE community. Help to increase social media presence.
- In consultation with the PiE pastors, coordinate the logistics for occasional retreats/conferences (i.e. fall retreat, Winter Camp for Grown Ups, and Beyond Binaries) such as creating and monitoring forms/sign up, booking rental spaces, organizing food/supplies, and coordinating transportation.
You can apply by:
- submitting your resume and a cover letter to the PiE Hiring Committee at email@example.com by 11:59 on Friday the 25th of June. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The hourly wage for this 10 hour per week position is set at $19-$22 per hour based on years of relevant experience.
Pastors in Exile is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. PiE is a LGBTQ+ affirming organization. We encourage people of all gender identities and sexual orientations to apply. PiE strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation.